Some Of The Things We Can Help With
Improved Attention: We teach you fun and easy to use techniques for getting your dog to pay closer attention to you.
Basic Skills: We will show you how to get more of the behavior you like and less of the behavior you do not like.
Develop Good Manners: Your dog will learn how to and happily offer behaviors like sit to greet, come when called, walk on a loose leash, etc.
Click here for our current Class Schedule
Puppy Socialization and Manners: Learn how to harness the boundless energy of your puppy while he learns about playing nicely, greeting new people and exploring new things in his environment. Did you know that the "Puppy Socialization" development period is very short; from about 4 weeks of age until about 14 weeks of age? Time is of the essence with the young ones, even before you have completed your full set of DHLPP vaccinations.
A puppy that is properly bred and socialized develops into a confident and well-adjusted adult dog that becomes a terrific life-long companion. Only 1 DHPP vaccine is needed to get started.
AVMA / AVSAB Position Statement on early Puppy Socialization and attending socialization classes.
Puppy 1 Socialization – Ages 8 -16 wks – 6 week course - $175.
Perfect Puppy Package - 2 Classes (Puppy Socialization plus Manners Basics) - $400
Adolescent Manners Basics: If you have an adolescent dog that is easing into his teen's or is charging in with feet flying, our adolescent manners classes are for you. Learn how to teach your dog to settle when requested, come when called, walk on a loose leash, etc. This class is for dogs that are older than 16wks of age and comfortable in the presence of other dogs and people.
Adolescent 1 Manners Basics – Ages 16+ wks – 6 week course - $175
Intermediate & Advanced Skills: Does your dog aspire to work as a therapy dog, earn his CGC or just need some help working around distractions, longer duration behaviors or learning how to respond from greater distances from you? Our Advanced Manners class is for dogs that have completed our Puppy or Adolescent Manners basics classes.
Adolescent 2 + Out and About Manners – Level 1 Grad – 6 weeks - $175
Therapy Dog Prep – Level 2 Grad or instructor approval – 5 weeks course - $125
Short Courses: Is your time limited? Do you wish your dog would come when called or maintain a stay? If your dog is good at the basics but needs some fine tuning, we offer several 2hr - 4 session classes and workshops for our previous Manners Basics Grads targeted on specific skills such as: "Come", "Walking on Loose Leash", "Leave It", "Jumping up", "Around Town Practice", etc.
See our class schedule for available offerings.
Tricks, Games & Nosework: Our tricks, games & nosework classes offer a way to have a ton of fun with your dog and get some exercise too! We offer classes to help you teach your dog how to "beg", "shake hands", "bow", "crawl", and a whole lot more. In our great K9 games class we channel our love for competition and the spirit of teamwork into a fun multi-activity class and our Nosework class helps dogs and puppies build confidence while they hone their sniffer skills. This is a great way for your dog to burn energy, learn new things and / or take his skills beyond the basics.
See our class schedule for available offerings.
Human Only Classes & Seminars: We offer a number of classes and seminars designed to help the human family members learn more about why their dogs behave in certain ways, gain a better understanding of Learning Theory, learn the most updated canine training methods, gain an understanding of developmental periods, get the behaviors they want and get rid of behaviors they don't.
Human Only Course Options:
- Orientation – New Student Human Only Course – 2hr session - No charge– Open to public
- Conditioning NON-FOOD Reinforcers
- Docoding Dogs Series 1 - Puppy Socialization
- Decoding Dogs Series 2 - Development Periods, What to know
- Decoding Dogs Series 3 - How Dogs Learn
- Decoding Dogs Series 4 - Fear, Anxiety and Aggression when emotions are in play
- Decoding Dogs Series 5 - Reinforcement "What is it, how do we know if it's working"
- Decoding Dogs Series 6 - Common Problem Resolution
- Decoding Dogs Series 7 - Behavior Modification vs Training
- Decoding Dogs Series 8 - Taking skills to the next level
- Orientation - New Student Human Only Course (open to public)
- How Dogs Learn & Solving Everyday Behavior Problems
- 4hr Reducing Aggression, Fear, Anxiety and Over Arousal in Dogs
2hr courses - $35 single / $65 couple
4hr courses - $50 single / $95 couple
NEW! Virtual Coaching – If you only have a few questions or would like to chat on the phone, Skype, etc. we have training options for that too.
1hr Private Coaching Session – 1hr - $90
Ask the Trainer - 30min Q&A – 30min - $50
New Puppy / Dog Selection Assistance – 1hr - $50
New Puppy Socialization Coaching – 1hr - $50
Note: Training rates listed on this web page are subject to change; see our registration page for actual rates at time of registration for classes and seminar events.
If you don't see a class you want on our registration page, send us an email at Info@HaveAGoodDogDay.com and let us know. We may be able to schedule one.
For your convenience, you can view the group classes we currently have on our schedule by clicking this link: Our Current Class Schedule
Click here to view our Human Only Classes and Seminars
Registering For Class:
- Please read our class policies before registering. Print a copy to sign and bring to your first class.
- To view the description of a class you can click on the class title on the registration page or in the calendar below.
- To register for a class, click the “sign up” button on the registration page.
- If you do not see the class you are interested in attending or have any questions or difficulties with registration, please contact us by email at Info@HaveAGoodDogDay.com or call 530-459-8767 and we will be happy to assist you.
- Once we receive your registration, you will receive a confirmation email from us with class details and logistics.
When we do the training, every day is A Good Dog Day